I’m walking 640km across Jordan, and the days are counting down remarkably fast. The point of the trek is not only to challenge myself but to raise funds for @MSF_UK as I’ve written about extensively, start at number one and work on through to ten. If you believe in MSF’s work around the world or simply like my blog please head over to my just giving page and donate a few Pounds, Euro, Shillings or dollars to the cause.
the Jordan trail is around 640km long and I think it should take me around 30 days at a leisurely rate to allow for zero days and sightseeing. It’s not possible to carry enough food and supplies for 30 days so I have a cunning plan…. ok it’s not so cunning as every backpacker knows it, but I’ve never done actual packs before as I’ve usually planned longer hikes around villages with supply shops, or pub lunches.
Resupply boxes or amazing presents to myself along the way! I’m planning to resupply and RnR at Amman, Karak and Petra.
Goodie boxes, treats:
- Travel sized wash treats, shampoo, conditioner, razor for making myself clean and human when in town
- Clean T-shirt/socks/undies
Goodie boxes, resupply:
Not all items in all boxes, need to mix it up to keep it fresh and exciting to look forward to.
- Dental health – I’m spending far too much on my braces to risk my teeth on the hike
- Sunscreen,and more sunscreen, I burn when I even think of the sun
- Wet wipes, so many wet wipes after Ethiopia scarcity
- First aid bits and bobs
- Food/electrolyte mix, blog post coming soon….
- Batteries for GPS/Torch
- Cooking gas